Uncover the Real "Secret" to Great Mixes,
Save Time and Frustration,
Get Back to Making Music
I slumped back in my studio chair and rubbed my face.
It was late at night, and I was wrestling with yet another seemingly impossible mix.
The song was good. The performance was good. Why couldn't I get it to SOUND good?
I was beyond frustrated.
This seemed to be happening to me over and over again. I would excitedly record a song, only to arrive at this same, frustrating point. The best I could do was "good enough."
I would spend my days listening to professional mixes, comparing them to mine. Mine didn't hold up. I would scour the magazines for that one magical mixing tip that would finally take my mixes to the next level.
That tip never came.
One day it finally dawned on me:
I was looking in the wrong place.
All this time I thought I had a mixing problem. I didn't. I had a RECORDING PROBLEM.
I would rush through the recording process, slapping up microphones willy-nilly. I just wanted to get things recorded so I could start mixing.
My mixes never stood a chance.
I spent all my time focusing on mixing, when my real problem was my recording process. The performances were good. The room was adequately treated. But my mic technique was awful. I didn't even know it.
When I started focusing on mic choice, mic placement, mic technique, my recordings transformed. Suddenly mixing was easy. My mixes instantly improved.
This can be your story, too.
I get it.
But it doesn't have to be that way.
If you're working mostly with virtual instruments, keyboards, amp modeling software, etc. and you rarely use a microphone in your studio, the rest of this doesn't apply to you.
However, if your primary recording tool is a microphone, you're in a perfect position to dramatically improve EVERYTHING you're doing in your studio.
And you don't have to spend thousands of dollars.
The answer isn't a fancy $2,000 microphone.
The answer lies in how you CHOOSE which microphone to use in a given situation, and how you USE that mic to capture the source.
It's a simple answer, but the results can be huge.
That's why I created Understanding Microphones.
Read more to see if it's right for you…
But first, here's what you WON'T learn.
If you want to learn how microphones are built, the history of the microphone, or the name of every microphone in existence, this program isn't for you.
The goal isn't to cram your head with useless trivia.
The goal is to enable and empower you to wield your microphones with more confidence, get better recordings, and produce better-sounding music.
HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU…
As an Understanding Microphones customer, you'll learn:
- How different types of microphones differ from each other (and why it matters)
- How to choose the right microphone for the job
- A simple process that ensures you'll get a great recording (every time)
- Some of the best uses for the different types of microphones (a "cheat sheet" of sorts)
- How to approach mic placement (and why it's more important than mic choice)
- How each type of microphone can be used to get a great recording (from real-world examples)
- What DOESN'T matter when it comes to using microphones
(stop focusing on these four things, and you'll see big improvements)
- How to confidently and consistently use microphones to get the best recordings of your life.
Understanding Microphones includes:
- 9 Videos (all HD)
- High-Resolution Audio Files from a shootout between the 3 types of microphones
- Bonus Audio: 4 Things that Don't Matter When it Comes to Using Microphones
Still Not Sure?
No Worries. This Product Comes With A
365 Day Money-Back Guarantee!
It's literally super-easy to get your money back.
Just shoot us an email, tell us you'd like a refund.